Running rich

the truck is gr8 ride nice strong engine it doesnt smoke when idles but when i floor it there is allot of black smoke coming out reminds me of an diesel but its not an diesel its an 5.8 Windsor !!! i know that the
engine is running rich so how could i fix this Problem ?? i was told that i need to try tightend the bolt of the fuel line on the intake is this true ? thanks !!! let me know :) dj snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com
dj snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Never mind what year it is... we are all mind readers here!
It matters if it's carb or EFI and what kind of EFI.
And we dont do e-mail replies....why? you'll soon find out - happy spam sifting to you!
you pay..DEAL with it!
Backyard Mechanic wrote:

Yeah those 5.8 Windsors are known for that, confounds diesel techs all the time. Sure, try the tightend bolt on the fuel line to rattle the intake some, should work fine.
Oh, and to the OP, you'll have to actually learn the lingo if you want to fish some valid emails from this newsgroup. Your lame attempt to spark some dialog is at least humorous.
what do you mean by rattle the intake? im not 100% good in inglish im from the Caribean ;-) if y tightend the bolt will it work fine? ? pls let me know :D tnx
BTW !! its an 1990 F-250 V8 EFI Windsor