Nice Ride...

Fall has descended in New England. We went from a high of 84 on Thursday to a high of about 70 today.

The sun was full on all day. I changed the rear pads since the brakes were squealing (Supra) and decided it would be a good day to 'test' them.

Pulled the top off, cranked the XM (they were playing good stuff ALL morning while i was working on the car!) and went down for a cuppa. Decided since I haven't seen my pregnant singer and her drummer husband for about a month, it would be a good time for a visit. I stopped at another friend's house, but he wasn't home, so i headed out for the 30 mile trip. Also had to go a little further to help my other drummer friend load my 'new' snowblower into his van so he can bring it down tomorrow. (Snowblower...now there's a 'chilling' thought...). Ever been caught in a Nor'easter? Sort of a "snow Hurricane" but we'll save that for another time!

What an absolutely stunning day. Bright sun, but at a slightly different angle it was not HOT, just right. All along the way the XM was playing a LOT of my favourite tunes, a lot of them I have forgotten about because 'commercial' radio just doesn't play anything but what they're programmed to.

Not to mention, the car was running like a dream! It was running so well it was almost like new. For some reason it was handling well, running well, and even the tranny felt different. Perhaps having the rear wheels off 'reset' something in the suspension and the coolness is making the tranny work better.

And after being in the house all week with just little jaunts here and there, it was nice to get away from this damn machine in front of me and LIVE for a while!

Everybody was good, we had nice visits, and then the ride home, the sun still shining.

But, out here in Western Mass, we have a LOT of tree lined roads, and halfway home I found myself wishing i had put the roof on! BRRRRRR! i rolled up the windows and turned on the heat until I got out of the wooded areas.

In a few weeks, if we get another 70-75 degree day with bright sunshine and not a cloud in the sky, I'll pop the top and go for another little ride in the Fall colors, and then put the Supra away and call out the AWD van until Spring...

Reply to
Hachiroku

XM is only good for the first 6 months, then you start catching on the fact that you hear the same songs over and over... i wish it was different...

Reply to
Dan J.S.

XM puts the fun back into radio listening, doesn't it? Our TL came with XM and its 3 month test period. Who can give it up after tasting it? LOL. String Cheese Incident....I got turned on to them through XM.

"I see the bright lights of Memphis, and the Commodore Hotel..."

Cars like attention. My dad taught me that a clean car runs better.

Reply to
ravelation

I have already noticed that some artists get a lot more play than others, and that certain songs keep popping up, BUT, the local rock stations around here SUCK with a capital S! I hear Ozzie, Axl, Eddie, Jon Bon and ACDC about 15 times in 8 hours! It's disgusting. And the 'new' music they play, I can't take that much screaming.

Oh, BTW, I *HATE* Ozzie, Axl, Eddie, Jon and ACDC!!!!!!!

Reply to
Hachiroku