Taurus skipping at idle

Hi,
I have a '98 Taurus 24 value DOHC with 100K miles. Changed plugs a month ago and changed fuel filter, added gas treatment but now have an infrequent skip
when starting up. It usually goes away after driving 15 miles or so but always comes back after the car sits and cools down. Any ideas if it is fuel related or spark related ? It is not bad (feels like the engine dies for a fraction of a second) but I'm concerned it may die for good in the middle of nowhere. I've thought about a bad injector or coil breakdown but since it comes and goes don't know how to test for those. No OBDII codes have shown up.
Jeff
Have you replaced your plug wires too? No guarantee that it will help, but definitely worth doing, if they are over 5 years old.
"JTB" <Jeff> wrote in message

Check for vacuum leaks (preforably using a MityVac). Clean the IAC. Clean the MAF sensor. Clean the throttle body.
Exactly what type of plugs did you use. Soem cars really don't like the Bosch platinum plugs. I recommend the Autolite.
On Aug 14, 9:57 am, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

98 Taurus after valve job and new BOSCH plugs missed all over the place - - - Installed autolite miss mysteriously disappeared :-))
On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 11:12:03 -0700, Hank

I was not mysterious. Your miss went missing when the Bosch plugs went missing. I never will understand why a company with the otherwise fine reputation of Bosch would have their name on something as crappy as their plugs.
Lugnut
lugnut wrote:

It is not just Bosch. Tauri are very picky about their plugs. I had a '90 SHO that would foul even the best Nippon Denso and NGK plugs, but ran beautifully on the Autolite/Motorcraft units. :-~