Two good reasons to go MacIntosh

Nero has a great editor with it too. I've been digitizing many of my old

1960's and 1970's LP records and "45's". The click/pop and noise filters Nero has does a very good job at "restoring" the quality of the music. It's not 100% digital quality, but good enough. Some come close. It sure beats 99 cents a pop to buy all that music again!
Reply to
James C. Reeves

While this is O/T, speaking of digitizing LP's James, you reminded me of a great piece of hardware/software I bought from ADS Tech, called DVD Express which enables conversion of your old VHS videos to DVD format. It's amazing! I've converted all the kids' graduation videos and other family videos to DVD. If you don't already have it or something similar, you may want to check it out at:

StingRay

Great thanks StingRay! I have already transferred most of the VHS home movies I had to DVD's a while back using a self-contained JVC dubbing unit to make the DVD "masters". I then using NERO to burn DVD copies of those masters to give to each of the kids...but those wee just straight copies, nothing special.

I then did some experimenting with doing compilations for the fun of it. It sure did suck up a fair amount of the 120GB disk drive I had upgraded to though, that's for sure! I had about 106GB "free" after I had "ghosted" a image of my old 20GB drive to it and did the swap. After playing a few days with DVD compilations, I was down to about 50GB free.

Reply to
James C. Reeves