What is AllData for V8 Fords?

What exactly is AllData?
I have seen these over on a binaries group for all V8 Fords and all I can find on the net is AllData on a Autozone site.
Are they some kind of repair manuals on CD's? And how many of them
are they? And how do you buy them and how much?
Mach 1 opined in

how hard did you try?
http://www.alldata.com /
http://www.alldata.com/vehicle_owner/index.html
is the one you want... read on here what they do.
Basically you have to pay to get any usable pertinent info.
http://www.alldata.com/products/diy/index.html