windstar IAC

99 Windstar 125k
Isnt the IAC the cause of most of these windstars either hard start or poor idle at start problems? I've got the same old problems again that I've
temporarily fixed with cleaning it before but I think I'm finally going to just replace it, just wanted to check before before I plunk down the $80. Any tests on it that can be done with a multimeter? I do have the factory manual on cd, just need to get around to installing that too.
99 Windstar 125k

From what I've experienced, you're correct. Cleaning it just postpones the inevitable. If you have the 3.0L, you can get one from rock auto for less than $70 (I like the Motorcraft brand- lasted longer for me). The 3.8L is higher.
Good luck! SC Tom
thanks, its the 3.8, rockauto has the motorcraft for $84, local parts stores want $130 for some other brand.