Windstar interior lights staying on

My 1996 Windstar's interior lights will not turn off. Any suggestions? The door ajar dashboard warning light is also on. However, all doors are closed.
I removed the fuse for the interior lights so my battery will not die.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
It turned out to be the tailgate door on my 1998 Windstar. It has two swithes, one in each door latch mechanism. Clean the latch mechanism with contact cleaner and relubed with a light oil (triflow). Pat

The
Help with the dreaded "Door Ajar Light.." The common fix on this NG has been WD40. I did not have any WD40 on hand, and on a whim reached for a can of electronics parts cleaner..(CRC QD Electronics Parts Cleaner to be specific...) Sprayed some into the door latch. It worked instantly, on the first application. You can use a light application on WD40 to lube the lock/latch afterward.

The
Try cleaning the contact on the sliding doors
mike hunt
"Jamie K." wrote:

Thanks for the above comments. I performed all three suggestions and the light problem was solved.
Thanks again,
Jamie