Rear brake lights staying on..

Sometimes when I get out the car, the rear brake lights stay on for a prolonged period... is there any reason for this or do I have a fault?

Reply to
Chad Went

This is a Jeep newsgroup.

What kind of a car do you have, maybe we know or maybe you should go to the newsgroup for the car?

Mike

Chad Went wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Chad Went did pass the time by typing:

The brake light switch just above the brake pedal needs to be adjusted or your brake pedal isn't returning properly.

Reply to
DougW

Have sence,patience,and self-restrain,and no mischief will come.

Reply to
mctiger

I see my sense of humor is way off these days, eh?

I usually don't miss so bad, sorry, have had a few bad days.....

Ok, so someone has a car with bad brake lights.

I have no freaking clue what kind of a car this guy drives.

There are literally millions of different kinds of cars.

This is a Jeep newsgroup.

Even if the dude drives a Jeep, I still have no clue which model he drives. They started making Jeeps for civilians way back in 1949, that covers a lot of turf.

Depending on which model of Jeep it is, 'if' it is even a Jeep, there are many possible fixes or causes.

Mike

mctiger wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

and the question still doesn't get answered! Mike I saw the humor in correcting the term "car". ;-)

Hey Chad, Either the brake light switch possibly located near the brake pedal on most "cars", although some are on the brake master cylinders and are operated by the hydraulics. Switches go bad or pedals don't fully return. Even the booster could cause the pedal to not fully come to it's resting spot. You need to check this out just in case the brake booster or it's check valve is causing problems.

It could also be an electrical problem with the wiring. It is nice to know more specifics, year, model, make, etc.

Reply to
Dave

I'll bet it's a '97 GC.

-- Old Crow '82 Shovelhead FLT 92" 'Pearl' '95 Jeep YJ Rio Grande ASE Certified Master Auto Tech + L1 TOMKAT, BS#133, SENS, MAMBM, DOF#51

Reply to
Old Crow

Hmm, could be eh.

Or it could be his car he is having issues with, he wouldn't be the first one to ask about their car here seeing as they get help with their Jeep...

Mike

Reply to
Mike Romain

I thought Mike's response was reasonable. The original poster did not tell us what kind of car it is, and this problem could be an issue with the alarm system that he didn't tell us about. Jeeps do not have this behavior, so it is reasonable to assume it is not a Jeep, or that it has modifications that cause this to happen.

Reply to
CRWLR

Well, considering I haven't noticed him in here before, and his post was time stamped barely a 1/2 hour after 2 previous posts concerning his GC, I just assumed(yeah, I know what it spells)...