Autotrader search results

I was curious as to what percentage of Focus sales each bodystyle makes up in the US, so I searched autotrader and found this. Just as I guessed the sedan is the most popular followed by the 3dr hatch, then
the wagon and 5 door hatch:
3dr: 4,955 4dr: 14,470 5dr: 1,625 wgn: 2,508
I find it interesting how you hardly ever see sedans in Europe (I went to Italy back in 2003 for about a week and din't see any) but over here the sedans are the most popular bodystyle.
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

I would guess that cars the size of the Focus are mainly used as second cars in the US. Most households then have access to a larger vehicle for transporting bulky items. Even as a Sedan most US cars can carry large loads.
For a number of reasons cars in Europe are much smaller. For example the Focus is the third from smallest Ford on sale here in the UK. If you only have one smallish car in the household, it needs to be versatile enough to do many things. The Focus Saloon (Sedan)is also seen by many in Europe as ugly.
Chris
--
Remove prejudice to reply

The Focus Saloon (Sedan)is also seen by many in Europe as

Ahmet
Turkey
'01 Focus wagon 1.6 liter
dragon wrote:

So if a sedan is a saloon, what is a 'wagon'? An estate? Or a hatchback?
--
Chris Game

Logic: The art of being wrong with confidence...
Chris Game wrote:

collecting people and their luggage from a railway station.
This is useful:
http://www.peak.org/~jeremy/dictionary /
Chris
--
Remove prejudice to reply

Chris Whelan wrote:

Here's another page about the history of "station wagons".
Chris Whelan wrote:

Here's another page about the history of "station wagons".
http://www.stationwagon.com/history.html
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Very interesting. In my area (Ohio valley in the U.S.) I see just as many 3 door as 4 door models. When I started looking for a ZX3 (3 door) my local Ford dealers had way more 3 door models in stock than any other model (and this was before the Ford Family plan pricing for everyone started).
--
Bill R

Remove "not_for_spam_" to reply by e-mail
In alt.autos.ford.focus snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com:

Exactly, whenever you have the luck seeing one of those, it's likely the owner is 70-80 years old. ;)
On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 21:36:45 +0200, Michael Heiming

Have to agree. The new Focus Saloon is more appealing it looks like a mini Mondeo to me and much more integrated than the old one where the boot section just looked like it was an afterthought.