Clear liquid front passenger side leaking

Today, when I stopped the car, there were several drops of a clear liquid coming down from under the front passenger side. When I looked under the car I saw the drops coming down from the tip of the accumulator. The sides of the accumulator were glistening wet. At this point I don't know if it comes from above the accumulator or not. I am operating this car in hot climate - could it be condensing water?

Thanks

Reply to
Docspec

More than likely, it's a gap between where the cabin filter would be and the windshield. Rain is getting inside--a very common Focus problem. When it happened to me, I received a good 1-2" of accumulation in the passenger footwell. My dealer covered its fix under warranty.

Craig

Reply to
Craig

:>

:>"Docspec" wrote... :>

:>> Today, when I stopped the car, there were several drops of a clear :>> liquid coming down from under the front passenger side. When I looked :>> under the car I saw the drops coming down from the tip of the :>> accumulator. The sides of the accumulator were glistening wet. At this :>> point I don't know if it comes from above the accumulator or not. I am :>> operating this car in hot climate - could it be condensing water? :>>

:>> Thanks :>

:> More than likely, it's a gap between where the cabin filter would be and :>the windshield. Rain is getting inside--a very common Focus problem. When it :>happened to me, I received a good 1-2" of accumulation in the passenger :>footwell. My dealer covered its fix under warranty. :>

:>Craig :>

I'm pretty sure he was referring to water underneath the car on the passenger side, not inside the car. The issue you are referring to is common but I don't that's it in this case.

And yes, when it is hot and humid, it is normal to see water dripping under the car when it is stopped after running the AC.

me/2

Reply to
me/2

Whoops, as a reread it, I believe you're right. My typing fingers apparently go into auto-response mode when I read "passenger-side water." Thanks.

Craig

Reply to
Craig

:>

:>"me/2" wrote... :>

:>> On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 03:19:03 GMT, "Craig" wrote: :>> :>

:>> :>"Docspec" wrote... :>> :>

[...]

No problem. My Mom has an '01 Wagon, my brother has an '02 ZX5 and I've got an '04 SVTF. So far none of them has had the infamous pollen filter compartment leak problem. I was very conscious of it a couple of years ago when I installed a pollen filter in my SVTF but so far, so good. Admittedly living in the Phoenix, AZ area we don't see much rain but pools of ac condensate water under parked cars is very common this time of the year. :-)

me/2

Reply to
me/2