Code to unlock odometer

Ive heard that there is a code to unlock your odometer on the focus so that you can get an mph read out, miles of petrol left and other info.
If anyone has this i would be greatful if you could share it with me!!
I look forward to hearing from you

The odometer sequence is explained at <http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/fcar/dtcodes.htm
--
Alan

That's actually a great fun feature. I have used it to see, for example, how fast the engine warms up on a winter morning. It's quite amazing how fast this happens. The coolant temp can go from -30 C to the freezing point before I get to the first stop sign a block away.

On the downside it shows how ineffective a petrol engine works, transforming most energy just to heat.;(

Unless you live in the world's second coldest national capital, in which case heat can be nice, waste or not :<)

Sure a good/fast working heat system is great, but a fraction of the engine heat would be sufficient to heat the passenger room just fine.
Thermal coefficient of a petrol car engine is about 22-30% in real live. The remaining say 70-78% energy are exhaust + coolant + radiation. A 2l wouldn't need >100kw possible heat through coolant just to heat up the interior. 1/10-1/20 would be pretty fine to keep it comfortable even in Siberia. Ever stood in front of a 5kw construction heater? ;-)
"" wrote:
> > > The odometer sequence is explained at > > That's actually a great fun feature. I have used it to see, > for example, how > fast the engine warms up on a winter morning. It's quite > amazing how fast > this happens. The coolant temp can go from -30 C to the > freezing point > before I get to the first stop sign a block away.
Thats sounds like a useful little tool!!
So where can you get the set up information so that this task can be completed!!
It would be very much appreciated!!
I thank you in advance!
chrisdixon wrote:

Where "Alan" told you!

--
Remove prejudice to reply

"" wrote: > chrisdixon wrote: > > > "" wrote:
> [...]
How amusing you are!!! I wish i was that funny!!
All it says is that > The odometer sequence is explained at ..and then fails to deliver the place that you can find it!!
So that is why i asked where it could be found!!
chrisdixon wrote:

I'm sure you are, in your own way...

to access through Usenet. The link you need appears, and works for me.

If you cannot get access through a proper news server, try Google groups archive for the information you need.
HTH
Chris
--
Remove prejudice to reply

I posted a web site address in that Usenet (newsgroup) posting. I repeat the links in 3 different forms below
<http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/fcar/dtcodes.htm
http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/fcar/dtcodes.htm
www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/fcar/dtcodes.htm
I checked that the link was still working 10 seconds before I made that posting. I have checked the link in the original posting after it has been trough my ISPs news server and it also works without problems.
If you cannot see the link addresses then I can only suggest that there is something wrong with your Usenet feed from NTL or you have set some filters in your own software that is blocking URLs.
Assuming that your software can see the URL below, does the archived article on Google groups look different to what you originally read.
<http://groups.google.com/group/alt.autos.ford.focus/browse_thread/thread /8b759d790204812a/64ea58ec0b4ca2a0?lnk=st&q=Code+to+unlock+odometer&rnum1#64ea58ec0b4ca2a0>
If your software cannot read or display links go to
www dot groups dot google dot com (replace dot with . and remove spaces) and type Code to unlock odometer into the search box.
--
Alan
Alan wrote:

With some small differences, it appears to work on all modern Ford cars. It works on the LCD odometer on my 2001 UK Focus.
--
Alan