2003 Expy Unlock code

I just bought my wife a 2003 Expy, Eddie Bauer. Of course the previous owner took the card with the keypad unlock code with him.

The OM says get the number off the card or see your Ford dealer. Is the code anywhere on this vehicle?

Thanks,

Reply to
bamp

I don't think so. Before 2003, the number was on a label on the security module. Ford was changing to a new module that is programmed differentially and is not labeled. I am not sure when or even if they have made the change on Expeditions. However, you can take a chance and see if they are still using the old system. If they are, there will be a label on the central security module. I believe it is on the outside of the drivers foot well under the dash.

If you ask your question to the members of the Expedition mailing list, I feel certain you will get a definitive answer. See

. Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

I found the number, the OM for my 2004 Expy stated the number is on a module beside the fuse box behind the kick plate on the passenger side of the vehicle. Lo and behold, it's in the same place on the 2003.

FYI bamp

Reply to
bamp