fuel delivery module recall? replacement

lately my 2001 zts has started sputtering at odd times, to the point of almost stalling. Then the problem disappears for a few days.recently changed plugs and wires trying to fix the problem but to no avail. Some web sites have posted info on a replacement program for the fuel delivery module can anyone confirm? thanks.

Reply to
john hodgson

Yes, there is a 10-year warrantee extension on the pump/sender module(from build date). Any dealer should be able to honour it. I haven't needed it on my 2000 wagon yet but its nice to know its there.

Reply to
Dave Gower

Just had mine done on my 2001 ZX3. I exactly recreated a situation described in the letter from Ford notifying me of the extended warranty on the fuel pump.

The low fuel light had just come on and I was exiting one highway to another highway making a sweeping right turn at a pretty good clip when the engine started gagging. Finally it stopped all together. After about 4 minutes and several tries, it started again and I got gas ASAP. No more problems for the rest of the trip.

Took it to the dealer the next day and they replaced the fuel pump free of charge.

Reply to
EOO

Reply to
john hodgson