Fuel Delivery Line

Hi All,

Great group, keep it up.

I have a 1989 Volvo 740 8 Valve Non-Turbo automatic.

Anyways, I've had intermitant starting problems, will crank but not ignition. It's been going on for awhile. It also idle's terrbily at low idle, once it did fire I would need to hit the gas to keep her going.......unfortunate. Also, now she won't start at all. I sprayed some start fluid in the intake and and she fired slightly, so I know it's not a spark issue. I also jumped her for full juice.

So, my real dilemma is this.

  1. I swaped the fuel pump relay to a totally new replacement from Napa, NO GOOD, still didn't start
  2. Checked all fuses, nothing blown.
  3. Put 5 gals of gas so there's plenty.
  4. Last night I decided to be crafty and look at the main fuel pump. Well, in my jockeying around with it, I broke the fuel line from the fuel filter to the fuel rail (D*MN IT)
  5. So I totaly "unhooked" the undercar main fuel pump (there's one in the tank too)
  6. I found fuel coming from the main fuel line I busted
  7. I found fuel from the line that is connected to the tank
  8. SO, I think the pump might have been clogged or not plugged in properly.
  9. I did hook up 12 Volts to the pump, and she spun and spit fuel beautifully.
  10. WHAT I NEED NOW IS A CHEAP/GOOD source for the "feed line", Volvo part number 6842-468. A local Volvo place quoted me . The line has a banjo fitting at the fuel filter and the other end to the fuel rail is an ID threaded nut. Too much for my blood now!

Any suggestions for parts?

Thanks,

email: snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

Reply to
JMOORE

Since the supply line to the pump is low pressure, you can carefully slit the hard plastic line at the fittings and replace it with

5/16''(8mm) ID fuel hose clamped securely it either end.

Bob

Reply to
Robert Dietz