Rear Brakes

I ordered the New Chilton Ford Focus 2000-2001 Repair Manual so I could change out the rear disc brakes and guess what the new book shows. Rear brake shoe replacement only. No rear disc in book. Damn

How'd you get rear discs on a 2000 focus?
I have a 2001

My UK 2000 V reg has rear discs, one one each wheel, yep, front and rear. Might be part of the comfort or performance (not the real names of the packs) I got mine with both packs but I do believe that they are standard on the 1.8 Zetec without the packs

--
This email was checked and was Virus Free when it left here however
you should still ensure that you have a reliable Virus Checker.

could
Rear
I changed the front disc out a couple of months ago and it was real easy, however the front brakes are a little different and I wanted to make sure I did it right.

I meant to say the back brakes are a little different.

If you have ABS and traction control then you will have rear discs 9 times out of 10.
Tim..

Are you saying I'm a freak?
;)
--
Paul Giverin

British Jet Engine Website

rear.
standard
times
....although 99-00 cars seem to have no pattern as to weather discs or drums were fitted with ABS...
Tim..

I have a 1999 Focus with four discs, AFAIK all Focus have rear disc brakes here, as they all have ABS.
--
Michael Heiming

Which goes to show you, posters should say where their car was made. A US 2000 Focus with rear disks would be a rare car.

could
Rear
No they don't. You have to have the Handling pack- ABS and traction control which was a 1000 option when the car was new (on a 99 UK car)
Tim..
Just looking at the Ford Focus brochure dated March 2000 (yeah, I know it's a bit sick keeping it...... but I knew it would be useful one day). It shows that:- Under the Option packs there is the "Reflex Pack - Anti-lock brakes (with rear discs in lieu of drums on 1.8i), traction control and front side impact airbags*." This pack is marked as an option available on CL,Zetec,LX and Ghia. On the Zetec 2.0i and the Ghia 2.0i rear discs are fitted as standard.
Paul's is no freak but his car doesn't feature in this brochure as far as I can see - rear discs only came with the anti-lock brake options/models. I think this was discussed at great length once before................
ps I think the inclusion of UK or US or Canadian or Dutch etc in the subject line would be an excellent idea. Gets a bit tedious reading something which doesn't apply to my own model or interests............ Life's a bugger eh??
Thanks again to Paul and Tim for all their input, excellent reading
Justin Case
ps The spellchecker just came up with Septic for Zetec and GHQ for Ghia !!!!!
--
This email was checked and was Virus Free when it left here however
you should still ensure that you have a reliable Virus Checker.
..

Perhaps not in the UK, but as you can see from my mail, I'm German, like my Focus.
Mine has the traction control, but it is AFAIR an option, unless you have a 2.0l.;)
--
Michael Heiming

wrote in message

control
I have 2.0l ghia 1999 on a V plate and i,m pretty sure rear discs came as standard along with the abs and traction control (only standard on this spec)
[...]

Yep, mine too. However it would be a good idea to mention where you/your Focus comes from. Mine is a german one (2.0l Ghia 1999), it looks from this and other threads, that not all Focus are the same, even if the have the same engine and are from the the same year, depending on the location they were built.
--
Michael Heiming