Ford Focus SE 2000 wont start

I own a Ford Focus 2000...seems to not like to start in cold weather...I just got it back from being serviced and had to have the fuel module system replaced but still it takes 10 tries to get it started...I also had the battery, alternator, starter and belt looked at and that was all good. have to take it back again...it acts like it is not getting fuel...I have to hold the key in ignition start for ever before it finally goes..

Reply to
Chomper37

That doesn't sound very good. What degree of cold weather are you experiencing? Does your Focus have a block heater, and, if so, are you using it?

I didn't plug my car in last night, but it still managed to start, this morning, at -34C, and within a matter of only seven or eight seconds. I usually make it a practice to plug my cars in, if the temperature will be below -20C at start-up time. Of course, all cars are different.

Rob

Reply to
Specter

Cold start injector. Sounds like a fuel flow problem though. Take her back!. Ron

just got it back from being serviced and had to have the fuel module system replaced but still it takes 10 tries to get it started...I also had the battery, alternator, starter and belt looked at and that was all good. have to take it back again...it acts like it is not getting fuel...I have to hold the key in ignition start for ever before it finally goes..

Reply to
Ron Joiner

I dont know if my Focus has a block heater...I just bought the car in may

2003...when the temps are in the mid 20's and above I can get it started in 1 or 2 tries...anything below that forget it..last night the wind chills were -15-20 but temp in single digits...I just brought it back to the dealership today will hopefully know more on monday...they did not do the diagnostic test the first time i brought it in liked i asked..they went ahead and replaced the deliver fuel system hoping to correct the problem...so who knows but not happy with it...havent had the car for a yr yet..
Reply to
Chomper37

took her back to dealer..again today...they cant look at it until monday...manager stated that something is drawing power away from battery...i told him it acts like it is not getting fuel somewhere...he doesnt believe me...probably because I am female...anyways, if the temps are in the mid 20's and above the car will start within 1 or 2 tries...temps below it it takes anywhere from 5-10 attempts...

Reply to
Chomper37

lmao....well ford tells me yesterday that the new fuel module system they installed is defective as well...they have to put in a new one...and i was one of the persons that received a letter in the mail from ford talking about the fuel delivery system may possibly be defective in certain 2000 and 2001 ford focuses...and that they will install new design free of charge...so much for the new design...lmao

Reply to
Chomper37

Wind chill is a human skin losing heat thing that doesn't matter to machinery. Ambient is all you have to worry about with your car. Good luck with your starting problem.

Reply to
Rapid Rick

problem finally resolved...yaaaaaayyyyyy....a bad cylinder head was the problem...

Reply to
Chomper37