UK Focus Door check straps creaking

Hi, Last year my 2 front doors started creaking when opened. It was very noisy and sounded really rough. It was due to be serviced and I mentioned it to the dealer when it went in. On collection, they were fine. I asked whether there was a special grease that I could buy so that I could do it myself if and when it dried up again and began creaking. The service manager smiled and said that they just used oil. This last summer, the creaking returned and although I first greased the metal part of the check strap it continued. Cleaned off any visible grease and applied oil. NOTHING HAPPENED - IT STILL CREAKED. I have not dismantled or loosened anything other than the waterproof boot to try and get the oil further in. It is still creaking. Have I (and the garage) washed away the grease/lubricant or is oil the right thing to use. It there any way of getting to the problem without dismantling the inner trim (which I am loath to do - or is it not difficult to remove it?) Help, it is really noisy now particularly when it is warm. Any easy solutions? Thanks in anticipation, Justin Case

Reply to
Justin Case