Speedometer (snelheidsmeter)

I have got a problem with my speedometer for a while now. Seems to be related to an elecreic problem. It occurs especially when it's cold (<5 celcius) and it seems correlated with moist. During driving it suddenly
drops back to zero. If I stop and turn the carr off and than on agian it's often back again. Quite annoying. Does it realy indicate an expensive (elecrical system) repair? Anybody any experiences? Peter
Focus's do suffer from gearbox speed sensor faults - might be worth a go down this route - easy to replace too!
MC. UK.
-------

Would you be kind enough to explain how to replace the VSS please? I have the same problem, I can locate the sensor but cannot see how to remove it. All I have succeeded in doing so far is breaking off a plastic clip! There seems to be a roll pin below the sensor. (The plastic clip was hooked over this). Is this the pin that has to be removed as mentioned in the Haynes manual? If so, I can't see any way that I would be able to get it out, it's very tight and not very accessable. I'd be grateful for advice as my speedo takes a dive to zero, together with the slight power loss, 3 or 4 times a day now.
TIA
Chris Whelan.
--
Remove prejudice to reply.