Electronic Speedometer calibration

I just put much larger tires on my 2001 Ford F150 4x4. My speedometer is off now. How do I calibrate it myself?

Reply to
mands34

you don't

you take it to the dealer, and if.......IF..........the tire size that you put on is within the limits of the ECM programming, it can be 're-flashed' to make the speedo read correctly

Reply to
Gary Glaenzer

you could also get one of the superchips micro tuners, they allow you to set the tire size. Plus they are a code scanner, plus they supposedly give better shift patterns and a little bit of power.

Never used one myself, but I hear they do a nice job on the shift points.

l8r Jeff

Reply to
Hawk