speedometer problem

My 97 LeSabre's speedometer needle jumps all over the place, an intermittent problem and last for a short period of time, and even in th park position (with the engine running). I have also a similar problem with the tachymeter (for rpm indicator). Any help will be appreciated.

Reply to
Tra

Could be a ground problem. Run a jumper from engine block to cowl. Could also be failing printed circut board. A new fuse wouldn't hurt either.

Reply to
451ctds

Also check the condition of the battery. This happened to me, turned out I needed a new battery.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Mackie

Thank you very much. I got a used cluster and I changed the the printed circuit board as you sugested. The unit now works perfectly. Thanks again

"451ctds" a écrit dans le message de news: bk4flk$ snipped-for-privacy@dispatch.concentric.net...

Reply to
tra

What do you talk about? Since my odometer in 99 Cavalier is not working properly and suggestion?

Thanks

Reply to
Hai Pham