Stupid stereo question

I just bought a 2003 Focus SVT, and I'm trying to figure out what my stereo options are. My car has the basic CD player stereo, no audiophile changer setup. I love the steering wheel controls and would hate to lose them. I have a few questions. Number one, would it be possible to switch out the factory stereo without losing the steering wheel controls? Number 2, if that is not possible, what are the output options from this stereo? Are there any RCA outputs in the back that I could use to hook up a decent EQ setup?

Reply to
Mr. Brian Allen

Certainly in the UK you can get adaptors that allow the use of steering wheel controls to the most common 3rd party stereos, such as kenwood, sony or pioneer (although pioneer ones seem really expensive)

something like that.

As for rca's i have no idea, sorry

Reply to
adcb