1989 F250 high beams

I went to get this truck inspected, and the guy asked me to turn on the high beams. I couldn't for the life of me find the switch!!

Where is it on this model?

Reply to
Bunny Boy

On the floor where they always were until the yuppieization of vehicles.

Steve Barker

LOL

CJB

Reply to
CJB

Nope. Not there. I guess someone removed it!!

Reply to
Bunny Boy

Ummm. Let me guess.

The turn signal stalk, push it and pull it.

?????

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

It probably rotted off. Does there seem to be a harness down there for it? And if the low beams work, there must be a connection somewhere.....

Steve Barker

My '87 is on the floor waaaay up, Geoff.

Reply to
GeoffP

Look behind the parking brake pedal.

Reply to
scrape

Shouild pull the turn signal stalk toward you to switch IIRC. Do it again to go back to low. Good thing the SOB hasn't been stuck on "High"!!

Lugnut

Reply to
lugnut

So, where was it?

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

Pull or push the lever!

Reply to
Richard Powers

There may be a bit of embarrassment here. Hell, I had a '90 model XLT for 2 years before I found out it had intermittent wipers. The dash did not have the marking for it around the switch like other XLT's.

Lugnut

Reply to
lugnut