Need to get a 4x4 inspected before purchase

I'm about to buy an imported 1995 3.1D Isuzu Trooper. Can anyone recommend a good independent in the Melton Mowbray or Boston area who could check it out this week?

Cheers

Reply to
Classic Car Man

Buy a Land Rover.

Reply to
Rich B

Don't. The Isuzu 3.1 is not exactly the most reliable engine in the world.

Reply to
EMB

Don't!! buy my Toyota Surf instead.

Alan...

Reply to
Phaeton

Phaeton ( snipped-for-privacy@none.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Very wise advice - and truly selfless.

Reply to
Adrian

...he...he... someone needs to buy a box of Comas to sprinkle on their sentences

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Andrew Mawson (andrew@no_spam_please_mawson.org.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Well, yes - a persistent vegetative stage would probably be the end result of being forced to drive a Toyota Surf...

Reply to
Adrian

On or around Mon, 01 Oct 2007 18:27:39 +0100, Phaeton enlightened us thusly:

is that the one with the dodgy 2.4 turbo engine?

:-)

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Nope the one with the very useful 3.0 turbo

Reply to
Phaeton

Unless your post which was corrupt & pointless :-)

Reply to
Phaeton

Possibly the worst engine Toyota have ever made. Stupidly underpowered and with a penchant for cracking heads.

Awesome engine. Impressively powerful and extremely reliable. I transplanted one into a Disco I last year for a mate of mine and the end result is rather good.

Reply to
EMB

That's a nice helpful comment. Or are you suggesting that Land-Rovers are sans faults? Mine certainly isn't, oooh, now where shall I start ...? lol

Reply to
Jonathan Spencer

Heheheh, oh for a Landrover without faults .... ;)

Mind, whatever faults they have, they're still a damn sight better than most of the s**te flooding the country from parts East ...

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Oh indeed, if you want a festering unreliable heap of crap.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Well, he did post to alt.FAN.landrover - what did he expect?

Reply to
Rich B

If you don't want a biased reply, don't post to a alt.FAN newsgroup. Muppet.

Reply to
Rich B

Replies from dribbling thyroid cases, and he got them.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Oh, the irony.

Reply to
Steve Firth

On or around Tue, 2 Oct 2007 23:35:04 +0100, %steve%@malloc.co.uk (Steve Firth) enlightened us thusly:

I didn't start it.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

What I fail to understand is how it's OK to cross-post to four newsgroups, but not OK to criticise a cross-poster to the same groups.

I'm not keen on cross-posting either, mainly because I can see very few circumstances in which it is justified. But a complaint or criticism should have the same audience as the original material, surely?

Reply to
Rich B