4R70W cooler return lines

Does anyone know which of the two lines on a 1998 4r70W transmission is the return line? They are stacked together about an inch apart. I would assume it would be the bottom line, since it should be emptying into the pan. But I would like to make sure before I pull the line.

Thanks

Reply to
Bill Toth

Bottom fitting is 'to cooler', top fitting is 'from cooler'

This is opposite from the way it was on the AOD

And return oil does NOT 'empty into the pan'. It become lubrication oil for the gear train, then makes its way to the pan

Reply to
Gary Glaenzer