E300 Diesel Fuel Return Lines

My 1997 E300 Diesel needs new fuel return lines. Does anybody know the order of disassembly/assembly? Do I need to take off the air intake and the plastic cover or something else needs to be done. Looks like a pain. Is that right? Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

D.

Reply to
DCM

Sorry I can't help you. But, I have a '99 E300 and would like to know - why you need to replace the returns lines??

Reply to
Alfred

It's a rubber hose that becomes brittle with the time and the temperature. Puncture may leave you stranded on the road. The part is $2-3 at the dealer and the replacement on my Passat TDI took 10 minutes. On the MB is pretty much the same. Yours is turbo and the air intake is routed differently which makes the replacement easier than on mine where the intake goes above the injector cover and needs to be removed. Shouldn't take more than 30-45 min. but I'm looking for some advice to avoid pitfalls and make it easier.

D.

Reply to
DCM

why