E40D O'haul

My 2wd F250 has 157Kmi on it. Engine {PSD} and chassis are great.

I use it empty 80% of the mile, I tow a 12000 lb 5th wheel the rest of the time.

The E40D has been serviced regularly, it seems fine.

Question: Should I have a "Preventive Maintenance" O' haul done on this tranny before it wears out? My thought is that the clutches, bands etc are pretty well at the end of their life. I would rather pay the bill not and avoid trouble on the road.

I hope to get another 150,000 out of this great truck.

Regards, Pete Arnold

1987 300SDL 217 Kmi on Delvac1 1995 F250 PSD 158 Kmi on Rotella 2002 PT Cruizer 55 Kmi on Jiffy Lube {Wife's car} 1954 Nash Metro TMU, Hanger Queen
Reply to
Peter T. Arnold

My E4OD blew the front seal at 173,000 miles. That took out the tranny. I don't know how you can do a Preventive Maintenance without just having the whole thing rebuilt. That's probably a good idea anyhow. Getting

157K is nothing to complain about.
Reply to
Mellowed

||My 2wd F250 has 157Kmi on it. Engine {PSD} and chassis are great. ||Question: Should I have a "Preventive Maintenance" O' haul done on ||this tranny before it wears out? My thought is that the clutches, ||bands etc are pretty well at the end of their life. I would rather ||pay the bill not and avoid trouble on the road.

I'd say do it. If it fails, it will happen at the worst time, and destroy a lot of internal components that are probably in spec right now.

It will be a cheaper, better rebuild, at the time and place that you choose. Rex in Fort Worth

Reply to
Rex B