2001 Olds Intrigue

My Olds Intrigue began make a loud high pitched noise under the hood a couple of months ago (sounds like someone sawing timber under the hood) I took it to the local dealership and they replaced the air
pump (said water got in it) two weeks later same problem-- they added somesort of "Kit"-- a week later same thing, now they have replaced the air pump and the shop manager told me the mechanic had to "make shift" a "baffle" to keep water out of the pump. They are not sure if this fixed the problem or not, well...not... the noise returned today. Anyone else had this problem????