Latest threads in General Motors Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Toyota Europe is not the same dull Toyota America
yet they face the reality of competition. Some"The gray yaris pictured looks better then the american verisions if only because of a view minor changes, but if i lived in Europe idk why i would buy a...

Short Circuit (Volt) Rolling Off Production Lines
Circuit (Volt) Rolling Off Production Lines 's next big tour stop may very well end up being the General Motors Detroit-Hamtramck Assembly Plant where the Chevrolet Volt is being built. GM officials...

The Toyota we all know and love
this make them look great, how many other things we don't know about. talk about corporate culture.
3
3

GM says it lost $4.3B in last half of 2009; sees chance for profit
Still a loser, old GM/New Gm GM says it lost $4.3B in last half of 2009; sees chance for profit ? General Motors says it lost $4.3 billion in the second half of 2009 after its July 10 emergence from...
12
12

Re: for the guys that are into recreational oil changing...
There seems to be an improvement in air-intake routing with the newer cars too.... The old carb-top round filters seemed to dirt-up in six months. I changed the air filter on my 2002 BUICK after a...

Automaker Pensions Underfunded by $17 Billion
More GM excellence Automaker Pensions Underfunded by $17 Billion ? The pension plans at General Motors and Chrysler are underfunded by a total of $17 billion and could fail if the automakers do not...
4
4

'04 Century passenger side temp control
2004 Century has the dashboard temperature controls (sliders) for both driver and passenger side, but the passenger side blows full hot regardless of where the temp controlfor that side is set. Is...
1
1

Toyota the great
Lets all praise toyota
15
15

Cost per Car of Ads...
I was watching CBS news last Friday. One segment was talking about the increase in car sales in April. They said the yearly rate would be something like 12 million cars assuming the sales increase is...
37
37

Re: for the guys that are into recreational oil changing...
I'm from the era of 30w motor oil, when many drivers added a can of STP to boot..... My new KIA engine came with "synthetic blend 5W30" I just don't understand.... Whenever I pull the dipstick, the...
3
3

Advances in vehicle design ???
A couple of years ago I replaced my '97 Buick LeSabre with the 2005 model. The old one was rusting out. I really miss quarter-windows; a handle to lower or raise the other windows. Do others feel the...
9
9

2000 malibu 3.1 engine shuts off while driving, after stopping the car and turning key off, it starts and runs fine for awhile, then shuts off again
This car has only 50000 miles on it. 2000 malibu 3.1 engine shuts off while driving, after stopping the car and turning key off - then on, it starts and runs fine for 5 or 10 minutes, then shuts off...
26
26

1998 Venture leaking fuel
I got my Mom's van back from a shop a week ago where it had some brake and suspension work done to get a mechanical/safety cert. prior to changing the ownership. I brought it home and parked it with...
7
7

windshield replacement
I want to replace the cracked windshield in a '98 Olds Intrigue. Someone told me that the windshields are no longer sealed into place by that black tar "rope" they used to use, but rather by some...
3
3

NASA to help probe unintended auto acceleration
The Feds own GM and Chrysler. The Feds will do and "objective" evaluation of Toyota's problem. No conflict of interest. No shading the results to slam Toyota and profit the government owned GM and...
2
2