Re: for the guys that are into recreational oil changing...

>>> And don't use a K&N filter (and - no - I'm not a troll trying to >>> start a fight with anybody). :) >> >>>> ...BTW, changing your air filter too often is actually a bad idea. >>> Other than unnecessary expense of throwing away an unspent filter, >>> why? You're going to say you need some dust to clog up the bigger >>> holes? Still better than a K&N or equivalent. >>

There seems to be an improvement in air-intake routing with the newer cars too....

The old carb-top round filters seemed to dirt-up in six months.

I changed the air filter on my 2002 BUICK after a year of driving. ( It;s a bastard "push-pull-rassle" job ) But... the filter looked like brand-new ! Looks like the air intake is ducted from the wheel well..... yet.... no real effect on the filter.

Who knows... air filters may be the next "forget it" car item.

Reply to
Anonymous