Re: for the guys that are into recreational oil changing...

There seems to be an improvement in air-intake routing with the newer cars too....
The old carb-top round filters seemed to dirt-up in six months.
I changed the air filter on my 2002 BUICK after a year of driving. ( It;s a bastard "push-pull-rassle" job ) But... the filter looked like brand-new ! Looks like the air intake is ducted from the wheel well..... yet.... no real effect on the filter.
Who knows... air filters may be the next "forget it" car item.