86 Biuck fuel pump Question

car won't start 3.8L. The fuel pump makes noise for a couple of seconds as it should, but when I test the pressure on the fuel rail it goes to 40psi and when the pump stops it drops back down to 0 psi. Is this normally or
should it hold the pressure
It should hold most of the pressure. Sounds like a bad regulator or pump. Since it's going up to 40 psi, if you crank long enough, it should start, so there may be another problem.
I took the front cover off and found that the cam sprocket was missing every tooth but 3 Thanks