93 GMC VANDURA HARMONIC BAL.ANCER

ANYONE HAVE ANY COMMENTS ABOUT DEALING WITH THE REPAIR OF A HARMONIC BALANCER? I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH A SLIGHT LEAK AND WABBLE. IS A SHOP VISIT IMINANT OR CAN THIS BE FIXED BY AN INDIVIDUAL? I CAN'T FIND ANYTHING
REALLY IN MY HAYNES MANUEL ABOUT IT TO GET AN IDEA OF HOW COMPLICATED IT IS.
You can change the harmonic balancer by yourself. The only problem would be that you need a puller to get it off. You can borrow a puller at AutoZone if you don't have one, they just charge a deposit and you get it back when you return it. The biggest problem may be installing the new one. I usually tap it on with a rubber mallet with the engine out of the vehicle, then when its on far enough to get the bolt threaded good I pull it on the rest of the way with the bolt. You may have to get a longer bolt from a hardware store to get it pulled on far enough to get the original bolt started. Hope this helps

-
"The Adams Family" wrote:

Yes it is not hard to do and change seal to while you have it off and do not drive vehical with damper wobbling because if it comes off or apart it can do a LOT of damage under the hood if it takes a mind to.