93 GMC VANDURA HARMONIC BAL.ANCER

ANYONE HAVE ANY COMMENTS ABOUT DEALING WITH THE REPAIR OF A HARMONIC BALANCER? I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH A SLIGHT LEAK AND WABBLE. IS A SHOP VISIT IMINANT OR CAN THIS BE FIXED BY AN INDIVIDUAL? I CAN'T FIND ANYTHING REALLY IN MY HAYNES MANUEL ABOUT IT TO GET AN IDEA OF HOW COMPLICATED IT IS.

Reply to
AUTOCHICK

You can change the harmonic balancer by yourself. The only problem would be that you need a puller to get it off. You can borrow a puller at AutoZone if you don't have one, they just charge a deposit and you get it back when you return it. The biggest problem may be installing the new one. I usually tap it on with a rubber mallet with the engine out of the vehicle, then when its on far enough to get the bolt threaded good I pull it on the rest of the way with the bolt. You may have to get a longer bolt from a hardware store to get it pulled on far enough to get the original bolt started. Hope this helps

Reply to
The Adams Family

store

Reply to