93 GMC VANDURA 3/4 TON VAN (ELECTRICAL PROB.)

I STARTED UP MY VAN ONE MORNING TO FIND THAT MY RADIO NOR MY INTERIOR LIGHTS WILL WORK. I CHECKED ALL OF THE FUSES ON THE FUSE BOX TO STILL NOT LOCATE THE PROBLEM. I TRIED TO LOOK THROUGH MY MANUALS ELECTRICAL DIAGRAMS TO SEE IF I COULD FIND OUT IF THERE WERE SOME IN-LINE FUSES THAT COULD BE BLOWN, BUT I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE TO START OR EXACTLY HOW TO DECIFER THOSE DIAGRAMS TOO WELL. THE SMALL SILVER (CIRCUIT BREAKER??) ON THE FUSE BOX IS ONE THING THAT I WASN'T SURE OF THAT COULD BE BAD.???? ANY ELECTRICAL ADVICE WOULD BE HELPFUL.

Reply to
AUTOCHICK

Can you send me the specs you have and I can tell you what to do.... Kinda hard to get spec for anything body wise older than a 97 or 98 .... S Cook

93 GMC VANDURA 3/4 TON VAN (ELECTRICAL PROB.) Group: alt.autos.gm Date: Sun, May 22, 2005, 3:09pm (CDT+1) From: snipped-for-privacy@nospam.aol.com (AUTOCHICK) I STARTED UP MY VAN ONE MORNING TO FIND THAT MY RADIO NOR MY INTERIOR LIGHTS WILL WORK. I CHECKED ALL OF THE FUSES ON THE FUSE BOX TO STILL NOT LOCATE THE PROBLEM. I TRIED TO LOOK THROUGH MY MANUALS ELECTRICAL DIAGRAMS TO SEE IF I COULD FIND OUT IF THERE WERE SOME IN-LINE FUSES THAT COULD BE BLOWN, BUT I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE TO START OR EXACTLY HOW TO DECIFER THOSE DIAGRAMS TOO WELL. THE SMALL SILVER (CIRCUIT BREAKER??) ON THE FUSE BOX IS ONE THING THAT I WASN'T SURE OF THAT COULD BE BAD.???? ANY ELECTRICAL ADVICE WOULD BE HELPFUL.
Reply to
Steve Cook

Thanks Steve. I found the problem after all. Apparently I missed checking the fuse marked horn and I stumbled across it using my test light on each fuse while in the fuse box. I guess you learn by experience with some things. A local auto parts employee kinda got me started on tracing from the power source back to the fuse box.

Reply to
AUTOCHICK