Accident question

Page 2 of 2

I never said we could not take out vehicles to any repair facility we want. In fact - we don't even have to take them to a licensed repair facility. Here, you can do the work yourself, have someone else who is not a registered repair facility do the work, or even... not do the work at all.
My point was not that the 07 had rust already - my point was that the insurance companies are only obligated to restore a vehicle to its pre-accident condition. The extreme example of what they *could* do (though it is not a common practice) was to use rusty parts on a rusty car.
I don't work for an insurance company. My best friend is an adjuster for one of the bigger ones, and I have gained a lot of insight into that world through him. As well, I've had my own dealings with insurance claims and am aware of what the laws in NY and many other states really allow. Many people think they have more authority over the insurance companies than they really do.
If your state allows you to specify OEM parts, then you live in a somewhat rare state. Most do not allow the policy holder to make that stipulation. Most do however, require "of like kind".
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net