Alternator Problem

Page 2 of 4
wrote in message >

My point exactly.
hls wrote:

WTF.
I am not what you would call particularly religous, but WTF.
Many wars are also caused by people who DON'T believe in some kind of religion.
Nice tolerance. Seems that some people seem to think bashing peoples beliefs is a blood sport.

What belief did any of us bash?
Some of: -The Christians led the crusades which devastated the Holy Land. -The Jews (Israelis) continue to abuse the Palestinians and foment hatred. -The Muslims continue to wage war on anything western.
Those are facts, Jack.

Name one.

Evil behavior is not to be tolerated.

Nobody "bashed" belief here: just castigated evil done in the name of religion.

Yep: belief does not apply---- demonic behavior being called "holy" does.
--
http://desertphile.org
On Mon, 19 Oct 2009 18:08:25 -0400, "Commentator"

Far, far fewer. And those wars were started for more sensible reasons (if there is such a think as a sensible war...)

Like we say, if one wants to believe in a fantasy friend, fine... But don't insist that anyone else believe in it...

wrote in message >

Nowhere, I mean nowhere in this group, in ANY archive, will you find Stormin' Mormon insisting anyone believe in his personal faith. This is a newsgroup about 4X4 Chevy Trucks. What advice have you offered lately? Regards, JR

Realizing that the three examples cited all promulgate hatred, and anger, and injury.

Always have, and still do.

Christianity, Judaism, and Islam *ARE* eastern religions.

All under the name of being holy. The world would be such a finer place without these evil cults.
--
http://desertphile.org
Desertphile wrote:

And Newt Gingrich/Rush Limbaugh is their Prophet (PBUH)?
wrote in message >

I took them to be middle eastern, to avoid having to go into hinduism, taoism, and the plethora of far eastern religions that we could name.
On Fri, 16 Oct 2009 13:39:58 -0700, Steve Daniels wrote:

Correct. Salvation is only to those who have Christ. Mormons reject Christ as God. They follow the teachings of a vision of the angel Moroni, who's teachings have been proven lies.

For your sake it better be true. However, belief in God or gods is universal in all cultures. There *must* be some basis for this. It also fails to explain the many miracles, healings, 100% accurate prophecies, emptied grave clothes, etc. What is your scientific, rational explanation?
On Tue, 20 Oct 2009 14:24:27 -0500, against all advice, something

That's going to be pretty tough on the Buddhists.
--

Howdya like that... we started playing guitar to impress the chicks and wind
up talkin' fingernails with old men.

So your 'god' hates and hurts anyone who doesn't believe in him? Nice guy, this 'god' character.
PeterD wrote:

Psalm 14:1
Actually, that's distinctly not what I wrote. Or meant.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

You know, there are like billions of them. And they believe what they believe just as much as you believe what you believe, with as little real world evidence as you have. This makes them as legitimate as you and yours.
So tell me, why are you right, and them wrong? What if *you* guessed wrong, and Buddha decides to wipe his ass with your soul? How can you be so sure you are right, and billions of people on this Earth are wrong?
--

Howdya like that... we started playing guitar to impress the chicks and wind
up talkin' fingernails with old men.

Correct me if I am wrong, but Buddha (Gautama Siddhatta) was a person, and never claimed to be a god. Buddhism is not that sort of discipline.

There is no 'god' in Buddhism. Buddhism is a philosophy, not a traditional 'god fearing' religion.