Century 2002 3.1 oil pump ???

I'm just done changing the oil in my Century.
I've noticed a noise from the crankcase, not a knock, more like a noisy oil pump or maybe timing chain.
I wonder if the 3.1 are naturally noisy or if something goes wrong ?
Thanks for your input
Richard
Richard,
It depends on what type of noise you are speaking of. Grinding, scraping, rattle, clunking, ticking, etc....
Try to be a bit descriptive, maybe someone here can help.
GMdude

:-) I would like to have a better description !!!
b/o roller bearing noise, gearing noise , a noisy chain on a sprocket, or all the above !!!
Cannot be heard from the top of the engine or when the hood is closed. But very obvious when you lean under the car by the crankcase, Oh well the car is still on warranty, I may drop by my dealership tomorrow Thanks
Richard
Could the ring gear be touching the dust shield ?

Excellent suggestion but no, its internal, however what you describe is very close to the type of noise I'm hearing
Thanks a lot for your input