Chevy air pump?

Hi, my name is Erika and i'm a senior at McCann tech high school in the
Automotive department. This year we had to pick a project and complete it. For my project i decided to replace the 4.3L in my truck with a
5.7L. The project is completely finished except one thing. I can't fingure out where the hose from the air pump goes to. This may seem silly, but i can't figure it out, so if you know please tell me.
Greetings,
Typically there was a hose from the air filter housing (usually after the air was filtered) to the intake of the pump, and a hose from the pump outlet to somewhere on either one or both of the exhaust manifolds. From what I've been told, this was to add extra outside air (and more oxygen) to the exhaust stream to make the catalytic converter work more efficiently and reduce emissions - although I'm not 100% positive on that.
Cheers - Jonathan

I think it might be as simple as "the solution to pollution is, dilution". By mixing in fresh air into the exhaust stream you lower the concentration ratio of pollutants. Not the amount of pollutants mind you, but the portional amount decreases. Probably meets some kind of government stupidity requirement until the cats heat up and are effective at reducing the pollutants.
On Fri, 07 Apr 2006 19:52:23 GMT, "Jonathan"

They go through a check valve and then into a pipe fitted into the exhaust manifold. There are two on a V8, at least there are on a LS1. I know you didn't say LS1, but you did say 5.7L so I guessed.