eco-tec prob.....

06' 2.2 / dexcool in oil (alot!) / dexcool in #3 cyl (alot!)........cobalt was wrecked hard in right front taking radiator out instantly. dont know how long engine ran after impact but car was immobilized. had the frame and body work done and then drove it back to shop (6 blocks) with trail of white smoke (alot!)...........pulled engine this afternoon. going to pull head tomorrow......any guesses besides head gasket?
Reply to
KjunRaven

What do you mean by "immobilized"? Did it sieze? Bearings would be suspect with this kind of damage.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Cracked block?

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul

"Mike Marlow" wrote in news:3e0a9$45513486$45289638$ snipped-for-privacy@ALLTEL.NET:

'immobilized' in this case means it didnt travel any further than the accident scene but we dont know how long it set and idled after impact........was not seized when brought to me, started and ran with a limp. thats when i pulled plugs and found geisor in number 3 and did a quick drive to body department............since OP i have pulled and disassembled said eco tec and found warped deck on block and head. along with scored inserts and journals. pulled like engine from malibu and swapped fuel rail, oil pan and coolant transfer tube/thermostat housing and now ready to install monday.....

Reply to
KjunRaven