Fifty Ugliest Cars of the Past 50 Years [Slideshow]

Fifty Ugliest Cars of the Past 50 Years [Slideshow] http://tinyurl.com/y9dx7oe

--

Islam Delenda Est

On Sat, 14 Nov 2009 20:09:29 -0800, Jim_Higgins

Won't argue about any, as much is personal taste. The BMW Series 7 doesn't look bad to me, nor the new VW Bug. I'm amused every time I see an Aztek, and almost laugh, so I don't see them as "ugly." More like funny. The one that I commonly see that just plain strikes me as ugly enough to almost change my mood downward is the Element. Never looked into the features - maybe they have some redeeming qualities. But I'd no more criticize a man's car than I would his wife. Not to his face, anyway. I've driven some pretty ugly rust buckets. But my wives have been pretty.
--Vic
Vic Smith wrote:

I always considered an Aztek (never owned one) as an especially ugly car. One man's ugly can be someone else's "really neat".
It would have been simpler to just post 50 pictures of any Toyota?

Mike Hunter wrote:

Nah, bland maybe but not coyote ugly like an Aztek.
[Slideshow] Fifty Ugliest Cars of the Past 50 Years http://tinyurl.com/y9dx7oe Jim_Higgins
It would have been simpler to just post 50 pictures of any Toyota? Mike Hunt
LOL. Tweaking the Toyotaphiles again. Rodan.
Interesting. Takes too long for me to watch each pic load when I click on it and that's the only way I can tell which car is what. What is everyone's opinion of the ugliest car-- maybe in the last 30 or so years? Personally, I can't think offhand of anything uglier than the humpbacked Sevilles of the early 80's, and those funny looking Malibus and their sister cars that were also of similar humpback style-- late 70's? The 73 LeMans also is in the running. Other's opinions?? Larry
There is no question that the ugliest in past fifty years was the 1953 Plymouth.. More importantly which where the best looking?
My vote goes to the 1941 Lincoln Continental, prior to WWII and the 1953 Studebaker after the war. The '57 Chevy HT is still very popular at car shows, but IMO the '56 HT had much better lines overall, nearly as gaudy.

On Mon, 16 Nov 2009 18:24:17 -0500, "Mike Hunter"

Beige, with reverb.
--Vic
Well, ugliest in the past 50 years eliminates 1953 anything, but 53 Plymouths, while certainly not pretty, were not hideous IMO. Agree about the Chevys, and 64 Olds as among the nicest. Especially 62, 62 and 64 Starfires-- they are among my favorites--period. I saw a girl I went to school with, at the reunion two weeks ago. I never actually knew her personally, but the main thing I remember about her was the absolutely gorgeous maroon 62 Cadillac 4 window 4 door hardtop she drove. While the normal sane teenage boys of that era (late 60's) dreamed of 55, 56 and 57 Chevys, I drooled over that car. I peeked inside it in the parking lot one day and my jaw dropped-- a Mark!V hanging under the dash, and crank windows. It must have worked ok, I never saw her with the windows down. I later heard the story on it, but I don't remember--- after 40+ years--I think someone from way up north traded it in down there--S Tx, and her dad got it for next to nothing and had the a/c added.Some time before we graduated, they traded it on a metallic blue 65 or 66 Fleetwood, that wasn't a fraction a pretty as that 62. I'd have given everything I owned plus several body parts to have had it. Larry

True, but the 53 Plymouth was the ugliest since the automobile was invented ;)

Mike Hunter wrote:

Once again Mike Hunter has said the sky is falling.
Jim_Higgins wrote:

It's all a matter of taste.. I actually think some of those cars look pretty good (Ferrari Enzo, Toyota van, Subaru Baja, Toyota Prius, VW New Beetle, DeLorean). The Volvo 240, and BMW 7 Series don't look too bad either - I don't think those are ugly at all; there are certainly some on that list that are a lot uglier. I don't think the Chrysler PT Cruiser is too bad looking either, at least from the front.
I'm surprised to find some of those cars on that list, honestly.

A lady friend and I rented a Fiat Multipla in Oslo airport once, because it was all they had. It performed fine but was so ugly we wanted to park it and back away from it.