I predict 100 MPG cars in 50 years.

I won't be around to collect or to pay up, so I'll pass.

Reply to
Michelle Steiner

Um, well, I predict I'll be dead within 40 years.

Reply to
Mike Rosenberg

We're thinking alike again, Michelle. I didn't specifically say this in my post but that's what I meant.

Reply to
Mike Rosenberg

I predict you'll be around in 50 years.

Reply to
geneccc

Now, THAT is something I'd be willing to bet my entire life savings on if it weren't for the fact that *I* don't plan to be around to collect by then, either.

Or, to put it another way, it's dumb to make predictions based on absolutely no grasp of the facts.

Reply to
Mike Rosenberg

It's dumb to make statements about someone else's grasp of the facts when you really don't know just what that other persons grasp of the facts are.

Reply to
geneccc

Okay, what exactly are you basing your prediction that Michelle will still be around in 50 years on? And by "still around" I mean _alive_.

Reply to
Mike Rosenberg

If I am, I'll most likely be in the Guinness Book of Word Records as the oldest living person.

Reply to
Michelle Steiner

It is obvious from your prediction that you do not have a grasp of the facts.

Reply to
Michelle Steiner

Same here - ripe old age will be 30 years more. 40 years, it could happen but defies the odds. I'm already too old to die young.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

Nah.

And someone else may top that within the next 50 years.

Reply to
Mike Rosenberg

Well, I _could_ live another 40 years without it being all that against the odds, but I don't _want_ to live that long. I'll follow Edward G. Robinson's lead and be made into Soylent Green before then. ;-)

Reply to
Mike Rosenberg

I heard Hell is overbooked. You'll be with us for much longer than you think.

Reply to
mark digital©

:-) I haven't seen my all-time favorite bumper sticker in more than 30 years: "Speed on, brother! Hell ain't half full!"

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

In 50 years I'll be older than the current oldest living person is now--if I'm still alive, that is.

Reply to
Michelle Steiner

Don't give up hope. Maybe they'll invent a longevity pill. Hang in there.

Reply to
geneccc

You must be a young sprout :-)

By the '50s most people (well, my friends and I at least) begin to wind down. Our bodies begin to tell us we've spent a lot of life, in some mixture of wisely and foolishly. The sight and hearing we were so proud of when young have dimmed, our joints tell us to act our age. A life well-spent is what makes the natural culmination a good thing. I still hope to get two or three more decades in, but when I have spent my strength of will I don't want to linger.

"My candle burns at both ends; it will not last the night. But Oh! my foes and Ah! my friends, it gives such a lovely light!" - Tallulah Bankhead

Reply to
Michael Pardee

quoted text -

Maybe your diet needs to be improved and you'll feel better.

Reply to
geneccc

Maybe you need to admit you made a ridiculous prediction based on a total ignorance of fact.

Reply to
Mike Rosenberg