most gorgeous / ugliest cars ever.

for the most gorgeous cars in the world ever, I vote as follows :-
Ferrari 456GT Porsche 911 Turbo (last of the aircooled ones) TVR Cerbera
mid 60's Alfa GTA Alfa concept car (was it called the Brera or something) Aston Martin Vanquish. E type Jag (S1 3.8 roadster) '68 Dodge Charger R/T (although this could have been caused by Daisy Duke) Capri RS2600
for the least gorgeous cars in the world ever, I'm thinking
Allegro Vanden Plas Alfa 75 (Sorry Steve, but a wheeltrim spec 75 ain't pretty) Audi A2 (remind me of the shopkeepers wife from the league of gentlemen) Triumph Acclaim Vauxhall Astra (any one of them, I hate the lot) Reliant Scimitar SS1 BMW compact any front wheel drive Escort apart from the RS2000 Mk5 Vauxhall Belmont Ford Transit "Connect" Ford Fusion Vauxhall Zafira any Hyundai except the proper Coupé one
--
Pete M.

Golf Gti (For Sale)
✖

I used to have one of these :) Older Saab 900's (Ones like Carls) remind me of them :) For what its worth - it was a hoot to drive :)
--
Dan

Add pictures here
✖

Oi!
OK, with plastic trims they look terrible. But a decent set of alloys transforms them.
And I can think of plenty of cars that should go onto the list before the 75.
http://www.italiancar.co.uk - Honda VFR800
✖
SteveH made the world a better place for us by saying..

agreed!
my mind is blank, all I can think of is Trevved up Novas.
--
Pete M.

Golf Gti (For Sale)
✖
Pete M wrote:

Jag XJ220, rear isn't great but from a front 3/4 view there's nothing that beats it imo

Fiat Multipla, practicality/functionality pushed way too far ahead of styling
-- Chet www.renault-turbo.com
Add pictures here
✖

Definetely. The new replacemnt Scaglietti thing looks like a turd tho.

Of course.

The speed 12 version is quite spiffing, but the cooking model is a bit rank, the back end is superb but the headlights are fk'ing awful. The Chimera is a lot better.

It was good the first time around, but you can only shovel the same stuff out so many times with a slight facelift before people get sick of it.

75 is a top car to look at.

Get out of it, superb cars.

omg, the RS2000 is a pile of wussy shandy drinking southern piss, one of the worst Escorts ever. It looks shit, and by God it *is* shit.
Now, a 70's Mk2 RS2000 on the other hand. *that* is an Escort.
--
Lordy

Add pictures here
✖
Lordy made the world a better place for us by saying..

Ah, I've owned both, and I just happen to like the ickle bonnet bulges on the early Mk5 RS.
--
Pete M.

Golf Gti (For Sale)
✖

Ah I see, personal bias. It's ok to admit you made a mistake you know :)
--
Lordy

Add pictures here
✖

TVR Griffith AC Cobra Lamborghini Countach I cant remember what it was called but it was a wedge shaped alfa from 80's with massive wing on the back?(but equally it could fit into the ugly catagory too i suppose, but hey i liked it)

Allegro Vanden Plas + Princess porsche 924 Metro/Maestro/Montego renault 4
yoda Out
Add pictures here
✖

Fuck yes, that's still my dream car that is fs.

The SZ ? Supremely gorgeous, yet supremely ugly at the same time. So bad, yet sooooooo good.
--
Lordy

Add pictures here
✖

Nice choice. Chopped 75 chassis in a composite shell.
Fantastic. On the lottery list, I think.
http://www.italiancar.co.uk - Honda VFR800
✖

Shame there's only a single right hand drive model. Wasn't it called "Il Monstro" or something ? :)
--
Lordy

Add pictures here
✖

Yeah. I think that's what the Wop press christened it at the time.
http://www.italiancar.co.uk - Honda VFR800
✖

theres one of them sz thingies livin around the corner from me, sounds nice..
✖
snipped-for-privacy@recycle.bin says...

Think I saw one of those this weekend. Kind of like the new Coupe and the newer-ish spyder shape.
Yeah, ugly manly gorgeous. That kind of look, only a blkoke could appreciate that brutal style.
--
The poster formerly known as Skodapilot.
http://www.bouncing-czechs.com

One of these?
http://www.zagato.it/arczag82.jpg
http://www.italiancar.co.uk - Honda VFR800
✖
says...

The SZ350 or something isn't it? They had a buyers guide on them in Evo a bit back.
Add pictures here
✖

Just SZ. Or the RZ Spider.
Disappointingly heavy for a 75 with plastic panels and aluminium roof, though. Probably something to do with switching from torsion bar to coilover suspension units.
Still. 210bhp and 1260kgs isn't too shabby - gives a 0-60 of under 7 secs.
I _really_ want one as they're absolutely bulletproof (chain driven 12v V6 and most chassis / drivetrain parts shared with the 75), look the business and are ultra rare.
http://www.italiancar.co.uk - Honda VFR800
✖
SteveH made the world a better place for us by saying..

chain driven, it's that bloody hoooge belt innit?
btw, if anyone's interested.. a standard SZ can pull 1.5g in a corner, which is pretty f'kin impressive!
--
Pete M.

Golf Gti (For Sale)
✖

My mistake. I was trying to remember why the 12v V6 is a 'safer' buy than the 24v, and somehow thought it was because it was chain driven.

Wonder how close the 75 can get to that. Suppose the coilovers help.