Fly Specs.....

Any ideas on removing Fly specs from paint ?? I bought a car thats set outside for a few months, the paint washed up nice except for the fly specs ( thousands of them ) I've wash it several times with Hot Water straight from the water heater with plenty of soap, but they won't budge... Too many to clean with your fingernail ( that's what I do on my old car, but it only gets a few between washes... Any kind of cleaner anyone knows of ?? Thanks... Rich...

Reply to
Guess

I'd try a mild solution of Simple Green and hot water. A nylon scruffy pad [ not the abrasive kind for pans ] or a " Luffa " [ forgive spelling ] sponge, used for ex foliating skin might do the trick. If all else fails, use a power buffer and some suitable polish, such as 3M Imperial. Be careful of abrasive if car is clear coated

Reply to
451CTDS

I have a can of "Tar and Bug Remover". I assume they still make it.

Reply to
Scott Buchanan