Good Brake Pads ain't Cheap, Cheap Brake Pads ain't Good

My experience with GM Brakes is to only use OEM Pads...last longer, stop better, quieter...

"Skeezicks" wrote

I would agree, though I will admit that I've never really tried any true "aftermarket" pads. Being in the dealership, we only use GM stuff. Unfortunately, GM does have a cheap line of brake pads and shoes, and they are the AC Delco line. In an attempt to be competitive price wise, dealers have tried to use these pads, but it's not worth the hassle. No matter what you did, they squealed like a bastard, wore out 2-3 times faster, and would carve up the rotors.
On my own car...an old beater....87 k-car....I just throw the cheapest pads on them and they seem to work fine. But then again, it is a Chrysler.
Ian