How to Fix Venture Roof Rack?

I have a 97 Venture, and after 7 years of struggling with the luggage rack bars that were installed backwards from the factory, I would like to correct
this "feature" from GM.
I unscrewed the "star" keyed bolts, but the rack would not budge.
Can anyone give me a few pointers on removing one of the four luggage rack mounts so I can install the bars facing the right way?
I even checked the Chilton's manual, but it was no help.
Thanks in advance, Kevin
If there are black plastic rub strips layed over the chrome rails, then there may be a ton of rivets under the rub strips. Thats how alot of the trunk lid racks were fastened down besides using bolts on the very ends.
Good luck
========Harryface ======== 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~299, 833 miles_~_~_
On the 2 slightly older GM racks I have had, there are 2 'star' torx bolts for each achor point. Make sure you have both unscrewed. Other than that, the rack just lifts off for me! If you continue to have a problem, maybe contact your friendly neighbourhood GM dealer for assistance.
good luck - rick