MDX: How do I remove the roof rack cover?

Hello all:

I have a Thule bike carrier that I'm pretty sure will fit the cross bars of my new (2005) MDX factory roof rack if only I could figure out how to remove the factory roof rack covers so I can remove the rubber moldings from the cross bars.

I have the Acura bike carrier installation guide. In it, they say to use a flat-tip screwdriver to push in on the locking tab of the roof rack cover to release it. Problem is, the drawing doesn't show where you're supposed to insert the screwdriver to release the tab. On the side of the roof rack cover? On the top? I've tried both places with no luck and I'm afraid to use much force because I may end up gouging the heck out of the roof rack cover. So where exactly does the flat-tipped screwdriver insert to release the roof rack cover?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

- Rob

Reply to
Rob Malkin

My first reply has the instructions attached as a Adobe file. Just push in with the screwdriver and slide the cover toward the front.

Reply to
catsailr

Rob,

There are some great pictures and an explanation here:

Mark

Reply to
Mark O'Brien

Thanks, Mark! That's exactly what I was looking for.

- Rob

Reply to
Rob Malkin