Off to car heaven

Page 4 of 4
Adrian turned on the Etch-A-Sketch and wrote:

Have you ever driven in one?? My knees are pretty damn cramped in the car with the seat all the way back. Aside from the seats being way too narrow.

Ford Escape? Saturn Vue? Toyota Rav4? Honda Pilot? Nissan Pathfinder? (I would still like to find one of the original two-door models.)

Nope. At least my head doesn't touch the headliner much. :)

Nah, it is just good usenet etiquette. No reason to xpost the follow ups all over.
I'm surprised Pan doesn't do it for you. I haven't used Pan since "She Crawled Across the Floor" but IIRC, it did the same automatically. (I'm on KNode right now.)

XCJNaWNyb3NvZnQgaXNuXCd0IGV2aWwsIHRoZXkganVzdCBtYWtlIHJlYWxseSBjcmFwcHkgb3BlcmF0aW5nIHN5c3RlbXMuXCIgLSBMaW51cyBUb3J2YWxkcw==
like they were saying:

Go find a Suzuki SJ. Or an early Vitara. That's a small SUV.
The Antara's roughly similar size to a Vectra/Insignia - largest thing in Vauxhall/Opel's range.

Look, I'm sorry if this is going to come as a shock to you, but - brace yourself - it's one of those inescapable facts that you're going to have to face up to at some point in your life.
The world does exist outside the boundaries of the US.
I'm sorry to be the one to do this to you... but the vast majority of the world is outside the US.

<shrug> Whatever. However, since I'm not _in_ alt.autos.gm, I won't see any reply you make to this. Heyho. Sorry to shake you from your comfortable little complacent isolation.
On Mon, 23 Feb 2009 20:53:37 -0800, PerfectReign

On that point - for all their size, it's surprising how little headroom many SUV's actually have. That large ones (issues aside) do have some room but the smaller ones are like cars where they raised the floor, upped the seat height, and left the roof in the same place.
Dave U. Random wrote:

There have been some good cars produced under those names...and I hope they'll find a way to continue. But...not under GM. GM has acquired other companies for years beginning with Oldsmobile and ending with Hummer. By and large it's been a 101-year disaster. GM has only one way of doing things and it's not a good one now for the 21st century. When they have such a large market share, their disaster becomes our disaster. A steadily shrinking GM is much better for the American economy than a suddenly-collapsing one. The entire idea behind 'GM' is wrong in the age of instant messaging and widespread computer tools (top-down management and corporate structure, stifled innovation, the total is more important than the sums, etc.) and it's time for 'GM' to slowly fade into history and give way to manufacturing structures from other companies more attuned to contemporary times. GM was the right idea for the industrial revolution in the early 20th century but now they are way past their time. The best thing that could possibly happen to the brands listed above is to cut loose. Maybe they'll go out of business but they would have gone away anyway and this way they might have a chance at some sort of new life.
--
Posted with OS/2 Warp 4.52
and Sea Monkey 1.5a