Parking brake problem 91 olds cutlass

The front parking brake cable has unattached itself from connector under the drivers door. Now there is about 4 inches between the cable end and the connector. I can't figure out how to pull out the front
cable so it will reach the connector and I can reattach it and hopefully have a working parking brake again. Thanks for any help.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Make sure the park brake pedal is fully released and pull the front cable back as far as it will go. At this point, you will not be able to pull the front cable back....you have to pull the rear cables forward. There should be an adjustment at the equalizer, if necessary you may have to back the adjustment way off.
Ian