PLEASE stop with the BEEP already!!!

I really would like to be able to have my car door open and listen to my CD player without that damned "BEEP" "BEEP" "BEEP" screwing up my listening
pleasure. This must be a bitch with many people. Well, if someone would please tell me what to go after in this "2001 Buick Century" I'd be much obliged. I do pretty well at reading various electrical and electronic diagrams. If I could break the wire feeding this thing, I would but a dash mounted switch on it. I just need to know the wires color code is, and the best place to access it. Thanks Rusty snipped-for-privacy@lycos.com
Close the latch your door with a screwdriver when it is open. Don't forget to pull the handle open from the inside of the door before you close the door or you may bend the latch assembly.