Quiz: Which car is built in America?

Page 1 of 2
Quiz: Which car is built in America? http://money.cnn.com/quizzes/2009/autos/more_american/index.html
Take a look at the autos below, then click on the car you think is built
mostly in the U.S. The answers may surprise you.

There is a big difference between Built (assembled) in america or not.
???????????????? Where was it designed Where was the tooling built. What is the percentage of USA parts What is the total nbr of american jobs created (suppliers, Contractors, Dealers, etc) Where is the material for parts from (Steel, Glass, Plastic etc) How much of the money stays in the USA What is the precent of cars for the company that is made in America ( over 50 % of all toyotas are from Japan and elsewhere.
The design and tool business was big time in the USA now its disapearing fast.
Tom wrote:

AKA finding an excuse for Deroit.
No, simply disputing the false impression given in your post.

what shape is our economy in, this isnt only detroit its all of USA. unlike you i try find the positive side of industry and the USA. Someday you will have to work for a living too
You are correct. Search the US Department of Commerce site for who actually uses the most AMERICAN parts and materials.
Toyota buys it parts and materials, for the vehicles it assembles in the US, whenever it can from Japan and other Jap suppliers in the US that assemble parts in the US and Canada for the less than half of the vehicles it sells in US that are assembled in the US and Canada.
Even Toyota says the Camry is "assembled in the US of world sourced parts."

On Mon, 12 Oct 2009 15:30:56 -0400, "Mike Hunter"

Yoyota is truthfull. Ford, GM and Chrysler also assemble in America of "world sourced parts" However, the 2009 Camry was the most "american" car you could buy in the USA last year.

Ya right. Search the US Department of Commerce sit for the facts, WBMA

Mike Hunter wrote:

What Commerce Department Website? Commerce Depart. has 100s of websites. If you are correct, it should be simple for you to cut and paste the URL of the site so that you can back your claim, WMBA.
Jeff
Do you record every site you ever visited? I do not and I do not do home work for my own grand children, what makes you think I will do it for you?

On Tue, 13 Oct 2009 10:08:45 -0400, "Mike Hunter"

You are making the allegations - it is up to you to prove them - otherwise anyone is free to consider you a blowhard - whether you are right or not.
Get real, dummy. I told you were to look for the facts, YOU are saying that the source I quoted was not factual. Therefore it is up to you to prove otherwise. Is it any wonder that we consider you a blowhard?

Mike Hunter wrote:

Mikey declares that the moon is made of green cheese. Case closed.
Mike Hunter wrote:

It was not found, because it is not there. Please provide the URL of the actual site or better yet, shut up.

You're making the claims. It is up to you to prove them.
I don't who considers this poster a blowhard (nice personal attack, btw), but he is not the person in this thread I would consider a blowhard.
Jeff

Like I said YOU are making the claim that what I posted was not factual, therefore it is up to YOU to prove YOUR claim. LOL

Mike Hunter wrote:

So anything that you post is automatically correct until proven otherwise.
Whatever.
You're not worth my time.

You mean if not worth your time, to find the truth.

Mike Hunter wrote:

You don't do your own homework. What you're saying is that you can't back your claims. Which means you don't know what you're talking about.
Jeff

You keep saying that over and over so that must be your opinion but I found the information I posted exactly were I told you to search for the information. If you can't find anything that proves what I posted is not correct, that is YOUR problem.
The fact is the reason you can not is because what you chose to believe in wrong. The fact is Japanese corporations have never paid a penny in US federal corporate income taxes in the US because of tax credits paid in Japan on their corporate income, period.

Mike Hunter wrote:

No, it's your problem. You can't back your claim. If it is so easy to find the information, just post the URL.
Stop acting like you're a apoilled brat..

The fact is that the informatoin is not there. If I am wrong, just post the URL.

They're not Japanese corporations. They're US corporations that happen to be owned by Japanese companies. That's a big difference.
Bottom line, you're not worth my time.
I won't reply to your stupidity on this thread again, unless you can back your claim. You don't know what you're talking about.
Jeff