Re: 98 Olds Intrigue won't start

I am replying to this old thread "for the record" because I have had the exact same problem: won't turn over, gauges all haywire, etc. The problem was: bad connection at the battery! Even a jump start was ineffective. Cleaned cables and terminals and problem solved! It surprised me because I don't think I've ever had such trouble on the GM side-connection batteries.
In my case it also left the speedometer pegged out past 140. I spent a couple' days trying to think of how to approach THAT problem, when it suddenly starting working properly again! I suppose that the speedo/tach "reinitialization" is dealt with over several "drive cyles" after the battery has been disconnected, like some of the other engine parameters....
Now if someone can tell me how to recalibrate my drivers side temperature control actuator (preferably without going to the dealer?).... It was affected by the same battery episode...
Cheers, John Clonts Temple, Texas