98 Dodge Ram Won't start

The other morning I went out the start my 1998 Dodge Ram 4x4. It wound not strart. It turned over just find. It was very cold and damp out. My coworkers and I pushed it into a warm hangar. I attempted to start it in about 2 hours. It started fine. I drove it around and restarted it several times. I then left it out without starting it for just over

24 hours. Again it would not start and again bringing it into a warm are (this time for only and hour) allowed it to start with ease.

The saga continues. I drove and started the engine for about a week, even in very cold weather, with no problem. then yesterday, on Christmas Eve, I went out to start it after it had sat for 24 hours, and again it would not start. The temp was above freezing, but the humidity was extremely high, we were experiencing light rain and fog. This would lead me to believe my problem is moisture related and not temp.

Has any one experienced this problem? Does anyone know how to check? I took it to a mechanic and he said that I had to have the vehicle where it wouldn't start for him to check it out.

Tex

Reply to
Tex

I had the same problem. a replacement ingition coil did the trick Hope this helps.

Reply to
T Wiklanski

I have exactly the same thing going on with my 01 Ram. If it sits for longer than a day or so in rainy conditions, it has trouble starting (turns over fine) - either it won't or its REALLY rough starting. Also noticed that occaisionally I get power fluctuations (almost a bucking) when first running it after a wet start. goes away after 20 minutes or so of running it.

My thoughts are it has to be electrical. Was kind of leaning toward possibly the TPS. TWiklanski's ignition comment is very interesting though. Wonder which I should start with. Both are relatively cheap and easy.

Have you had any luck yet, Tex?

Craig

Reply to
cowens